Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's In Your iPod?

I love music. Since I was a little tyke purchasing "Another Bad Creation" or "Vanilla Ice" from BMG music, my music collection has grown exponentially. I don't stick with the same genre either. I have and like a whole amalgam of music. For instance, while running I like Hip-Hop, Mashups, Techno, Dance, or anything with a strong beat. (Over 100 bps, beats per second). Boating trips I love reggae. Just hanging out it's fun to listen to some easy listening like Jason Mraz or Jack Johnson. Punk music, I can listen to just about anytime. I tend to favor the mainstream punk like Blink 182, Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan versus the non-sellout MXPX flavor. These are the current albums I have on repeat in my iPod:
Artist: Secondhand Serenade Album: A Twist in my Story
Easy listening punk music to it's fullest. (If there is such a genre.) Like most the albums I retrieve I first hear on the radio and give it a try. The song I heard and I'm sure everyone has by now is "Fall For You." This one took about a week to track down. Well worth the search.
Artist: Simple Plan Album: Simple Plan
There is something about Simple Plan's style that I love that I just can't put a finger on. It's about as mainstream punk as you can get. This album, like the rest they have, rock. Almost every song is great but "What If" is my favorite.
Artist: Various Artists Album: The Vs Experience
This is an album I found while I was searching for mashups. Mashups is a genre used mainly in dance clubs. They take one popular song and mash it with another song, give it a strong beat, and spin it for all to hear. I have many different mashup albums but this is one that I can listen all the way through without skipping. Fun to run with.

No comments: