Saturday, May 31, 2008

Movie Review

Sarah and I have been saving our pennies and gift certificates to hit the movie theaters when the blockbusters come out. Here are a couple more we have recently seen.
Indiana Jones: This movie was very good. It had the great acting and wonderful script. I didn't like the move away from a religious story line to a science fiction story line. The very ending was disappointing but everything up to that point was worth every penny.

SARAH: I enjoyed this movie, which made me happy because I was extremely nervous going in. For some reason I was worried that they were going to change Indy to much and it wouldn't feel the same. I don't know why I worried with George Lucas and Speilberg behind it. Although I knew in the first 15 minutes that it was going to be about "space men" (thanks to a well planted 51 posted on a warehouse door) I didn't believe it until I saw the weird men themselves. I thought the action was fun. There was a great car fight scene, just like in the older movies. Shia LeBeouf did a great job. I am still a little sad the couldn't get Sean Connery back even for a moment, oh well. If you are looking for a fun flick this does entertain, you just have to keep an OPEN mind.
Iron Man: My favorite movie so far this year. I didn't know much about the comic Iron Man but I have a lot more respect for it now. I love to see a superhero emerge simply because they have the means to do so and not because they were bit by a spider and given superpowers (not to say that SpiderMan is a dumb movie, just different). Iron Man had the feel of Batman Begins. Robert Downey Jr. is the Johnny Depp of Iron Man; he was made for this role. I've seen it twice in theaters now and I highly suggest anybody that likes well written, well acted, great directing, and superb action sequences in a movie to watch it. Call me up and I'll go again!

SARAH: It is rare for me to enjoy a movie so much that I want to go and spend another 16 dollars on it. I loved this movie. Despite the fact that we were in a semi-crappy theater, this movie shined. Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious right off. He is a multi-millionaire that is not afraid to get his hands dirty doing what he loves. Making weapons. John Favreau (D-Bob in Rudy) directed this flick and did an excellent job, mainly because I wasn't car sick through out like some other movies. He has only directed a handful of movies (Zathura & Elf to name a few) but it doesn't show. This movie truly entertains, I don't think I have been that entertained since I watched Pirates 1 for the first time, or Lord of the Rings. Do call us if you want to go...we are there!!

No comments: