Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Job: Contango Capital Advisors

If you haven't heard, I started a new position about 2 months ago. I haven't said much about it because I was quite upset with the whole situation. I will tell you more if you wish to hear. Not on this blog though. Contango is a wealth management group that, up until now, managed accounts and catered to an asset class of people with $500k and more. I have been hired to develop and implement a new product that would cater to the asset class of $50k to $500k. There are 2 of us working on this project and it has been a huge learning curve. I'm glad the other gentleman I'm working with has done this before. I had no idea what went into something like this, especially making it scalable out the gate. It has been fun putting this together and traveling to the different states to train the reps on the new product. Contango is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zions Bancorporation. Once this project is complete I suppose I'm to stay on as support...but will that be enough for my active mind?

No comments: