Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Silly Stories

Whenever Sean or I are in on the computer Jack gets really jealous that we get to push all sorts of buttons, he is always trying to reach up and push them. Yesterday as I was sending off a few e-mails Jack kept trying to squeeze in a few q's, a's, then I notice that everything is in caps (the buttons he can reach). After the fifth time I decided that something needed to change, and I remembered that Sean has a box of old computer parts (of course we can't throw old cables and speakers away). I hoped that there would be an old keyboard that Jack could have and most likely destroy. There was. So I put it on the "foot rest" part of Sean's desk and set Jack in front of it. He would type while I was typing. It was great...now I just need to get him a mouse so he stops playing with that!!
For those of you who know Jack or have been around him for more than 5 minutes you know that he is a ball of energy. He runs everywhere instead of walking, he plays with every toy and non-toy in the house everyday. He is just everywhere. Lately there have been a couple nights where he hits a wall about a half an hour before bedtime. He has wound himself so much that he gets whiney and cranky. Since he isn't actually sleepy yet (I tried putting him down earlier and lets just say that did not work) I put on his favorite movie - Enchanted. It is funny to see him stop dead in his tracks when he hears the music starting. After a couple minutes he will sit in the chair and then a couple minutes more he will lay down. Then I know he is ready for his bottle and bed. So cute!!

1 comment:

The Babinskys said...

Do you know how much I love that little boy. He is so cute. And always so nice. Hope we get together more this summer. Wish you were coming tonight. Oh well. We'll go hiking next week. Fun to see updates of your cute family. Smart idea on the key board.