Monday, June 16, 2008

Nursery

Well yesterday was Jack's first day in nursery. It is still weird that he is old enough to be going. All morning I kept telling myself that he was too little and should just come to class with me. I had horrible visions of older kids clobbering him. Then I remembered that I can never listen in class because I am chasing him around, so I decided I could do it. Sean came with me at first. When Jack seemed to be ok Sean ducked out. So after five more minutes and Jack not even realizing I was there I decided it was my turn to sneak out. I got out the door and closed it and surprisingly didn't hear any sudden crying. So I headed off to class. Well I hadn't been sitting there five minutes when I get tapped on the shoulder by someone pointing at the door. No it wasn't Jack, it was Sean and one of the counselors in the bishopric. So we had a nice little chat where I got a new calling as a den mother. No idea what is involved in that, there will probably be much blogging about that later. After our little chat we decided to check on Jack. Well he was screaming and crying and just so sad. So I came in and sat with him for a half an hour. Then decided to chalk it up as a good try and have another go next week. So I took him across the hall to change his diaper and when I was done he ran back into the nursery. I stood in the hall shocked. I didn't know whether to follow or go to class. I went to class and Jack did great the remaining hour of nursery. He even cried when it was time to leave and go to Sacrament meeting. So I guess that next week he will be ok and I will just have to deal with the fact that my baby is growing up. Now if he could just get some more teeth so he can eat the snack, that would be great!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah he is in Nursery! I think Nursery is harder on the mom then it is on the kid. I know it was for me. Thats great that he did ok!

Justin said...

Den Mother?! Wow! Good luck with that one. I have no idea what a den mother does and I was in cub scouts. I hope you get to wear one of those bright yellow scout shirts.

Howards said...

yeah for nursery! I cant wait until Londyn is in nursery but I bet I have a hard time with it too.