Saturday, June 21, 2008

Movie Review

The Hulk: Edward Norton does an outstanding job. The choler and aggression the Hulk shows is much greater than the 2003 version. Much more action, a lot less dialog. Sarah and I loved it.

SARAH: I loved this movie. It was truly an action flick. Edward Norton is The Hulk. I was worried prior to seeing this film that he was to skinny, and as an actor to drama based. But he did an amazing job. He also had a lot to do with the script and producing of this movie. The chemistry between himself and Liv Tyler is really there and shows how good of actors there really are. Although it doesn't have the comedic edge that Iron Man has this movie is still a great one to see!!

The Great Debaters: I liked this show. It had a great story, great acting, but I don't want to watch it again. A more appropriate title would have been "A Great Segregation." This movie, though rated PG13, is not fit for anyone under 25. I have never seen a more gruesome and emotional lynching scene. I can appreciate what everyone had to and still have to go through for equal rights but there is a much more civil way to encourage this. The debate scenes were very few and outstanding.

SARAH: I completely agree with what Sean said above. There were some very graphic scenes, that showed too much. The actual debate scenes were great. They really should have focused more on the debates and the events leading up to them. As opposed to the personal lives of the individual debaters. I don't think I would watch this again. Ever.

2 comments:

Matt Hale said...

As I have read all of your movie reviews, I have been impressed with your vocabulary Sean. You know a lot of newfangled and idiosyncratic sobriquets.
Also, thank you for all that you do in keeping us informed on the latest flicks. We appreciate it.

Megan said...

I thought The Great Debaters was dealing with far too many issues to be a solid script...You could have made six movies out of one dealing with all the different themes. Instead of being complex, it just felt scattered and ill-formed. I'm excited to see The Hulk now!!