Friday, June 20, 2008

The end of a pointless lawsuit

Well I finally got the call from my lawyer yesterday...did I tell you his name is Peter Christensen? No relation but still kind of cool that he has the same name as my uncle. Anyway the arbitrator granted "the lady" $2,000. I think that I can live with that, especially since my insurance is paying for it and not me. She should of taken the settlement they offered her a few months ago of $5,000. In case your wondering she sued me for $55,000 + attorney's fees. As I said before an absurd amount of money considering there was no damage and I was never even issued a ticket.

Back to the phone call. He said that she has verbally agreed to the amount and just needs to sign some sort of satisfactory of settlement something or other. Then he has to petition to the judge for the prejudice to be taken off of my record or something like that. I don't really understand all of the lawyer lingo. But I understood the important part, that she has agreed to the amount. So it is over. Almost 5 years and I can finally breath freely again, no lurking mad women in the scary corners of my mind.
Hoooray!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HIP HIP HORRAY! I think you need a cookie! Hmmm... Perhaps I will make you some... and then eat them all for you. :)