Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wimbledon

I have been studying for the Series 65 test all day (this is the investment advisor test) and my brain has the numb tingly feeling right now. I thought I would give myself a break and tell you about one of our favorite movies. Wimbledon is one of the better romantic comedies around. Paul Bettany is one of my favorite actors. I have loved him in everything I've seen him in. I'm not a big Kirsten Dunst fan, in fact I generally despise her acting ability but surprisingly she does well in this film. James McAvoy plays Paul Bettany's brother in this film and provides a whole lot of comic relief. Of course the movie is about tennis. The director creates a mood with the cinematography that is hard to come by. The sound is encoded with DTS for you A/V junkies. For those that don't know what that means...if you have surround sound, press the 'audio' button on your dvd player remote till it says DTS. The sound is incredible. I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars ****. Now back to studying...so exciting!

1 comment:

Megan said...

We took your advice and watched this a few months ago...Now I can't remember it, but I think we liked it.