Saturday, March 29, 2008

21

Sarah's uncle Peter and family are going to Las Vegas on a mission. We don't really know what it's like there so we thought we would watch this new movie to see what they are in for. Peter and family, you will definetely have your work cut out for you. I loved this film. I'm a numbers guy, so if you can show me a way to make a whole lot of money and look cool doing it using math...I'm in! If you haven't seen the trailers, Kevin Spacey is a professor at MIT. He compiled a group of sui generis students, ones that topped their class with numbers and taught them to count cards. They made their way to Vegas every weekend to beat the house. Of course the house never likes that. That is when Laurence Fishburne comes in and takes out the card counters. 21 has its funny moments. I would wait for this one to come out on video to watch again and again. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! 3 out of 5 stars - ***

SARAH: I really enjoyed this movie. I found that it was clever, exciting and pulled me into it. As Sean explained above this group if kids are taught to count cards in Vegas. I could never ever dare to do what they do, especially since I am not a numbers person, but more so because I HATE breaking rules. I freak out with things as simple as my cousin trying to get me to sneak into a hotel pool (you know who you are). Ben (Jim Sturgess) at the beginning is against it but gets caught up in the club so that he can pay for med school. He calls it a means to an end. There are a few twists and back stabs along the way and eventually things are all put together as they should be. I could of done without the strip club scene though. In the end I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: