Friday, March 21, 2008

Sleeping In

Being a mom I am sure that the majority of my posts are going to be about Jack. But since most of you are also moms I hope that you will get a kick out it - hopefully.
Yesterday morning Sean woke up a little earlier than normal. He got up and went to eat breakfast and I was totally confused because I didn't hear him get up I only heard things being shuffled around down in the kitchen. So I went to ask him what he was doing, to which he replied "Don't you remember? I have an early appointment so I had to wake up early." Feeling slightly silly for forgetting I went back to bed. A little later Sean came in and woke me up to say good bye. I looked at the clock and debated about waking up or going back to sleep. I decided that Jack could possibly sleep another twenty minutes so I went back to sleep. When I wake up the sun in streaming in the windows, I turn over and look at the clock to see what time it is, to discover that I had slept a little over an hour. Now in panic mode thinking that Jack attempted to climb out of his crib and fell, I run down the hall. I found Jack laying in his crib both legs sticking out the slats (which for some reason he loves to do), kicking them up and down while playing with his blankets, most of all totally content. Now for most of you this might not be odd. But ever since Jack was born he has never woke up and just starting playing or talking he starts screaming and crying. I hear of friends who can continue to sleep because their kids will just play in the crib, not Jack, he hates being in his crib if he is awake. I guess he knew that I was still recovering from jet lag and decided to let me sleep. By his morning nap things were back to normal. So sad.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Funny! Andrew has problems when he wakes up too. He is usually so cramped up in the top corner of his crib that he gets scared and starts screaming. He is getting really good at scooting himself around in his crib.