Friday, March 28, 2008

August Rush

Since I left you all in suspense for the last day, I didn't pass the series 65 test. Apparently I have to study more than a day. Justin and Megan came over to the Martin Home Theater to watch August Rush. A story of a boy born of two great musicians, being able to hear the music over the hullabaloo of New York City. Music is everywhere, in everything...we just have to listen. This is a drama where you have to watch the body language to understand the undertones of the true feeling of the movie. A family that has been connected for 11 years but has lived in separate states the entire time. Freddie Highmore from Finding Neverland portrays a feeling of release through his music that you rarely see even with professional musicians today. I am one who loves watching child prodigy movies so I give this 4 out of 5 stars - ****.

SARAH: I was excited to watch this movie because I had heard so many good things about it. I did enjoy the movie, it was a fun story. I could of done without a scary Robin Williams, and I could of done with a bit more at the end. Sean says that I like to have closure with my movies. Is that asking to much? Freddie Highmore did an excellent job as the "freak" in this movie. He made me believe that music was everywhere...if you just listen. All in all is was a good flick. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: