Monday, September 12, 2011

Park Hoppin'

What a beautiful day...for allergies! At this moment I have a HUGE sinus headache.

As I perpend on my days as a kid, I remember going to parks with huge metal slides. I would stand at the top with my short John Stockton length shorts and tube socks to my knees. This hugely fashionable style provided little protection against the pain I was prepared to feel for a moment of glory. Starting down the slide I would feel the air blowing against my face and the molten lava temperature on my thighs. The slides by the tennis courts east of the Centerville cemetery were the best, longest, and fastest.

This evening for family home evening the kids and I (we left Sarah home to let her relax) went to "the big park" by our house. Just like club hoppin' we moved on to a smaller park for the rest of the evening. I do remember going from one club to the next as a 20-something teenager but I don't ever remember park hoppin' as a kid...do you?

No comments: