Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Where I was during 9/11:

I had an early morning business calculus class that I was late for. At that time of the morning I'm not very perspicacious. As I passed the TVs of the lobby I glanced up and saw the first tower flaming and thought,"I wish I had time to watch this trailer cause I'll bet this is going to be an awesome action film." After the class was let out the lobby was quiet but packed with students. Every one's eyes were glued to the screen. The first tower had fallen and the second was about to go. Classes were cancelled, at least I thought they were. Most students gathered at the Student Union building to watch the horror unfold. I kept thinking to myself that last time I was there the tour guide asked me how many people lived in my little city of Farmington. I responded with just over 18,000 not really knowing the correct answer. She responded saying there are about 50,000 people that work in those two buildings. One of those buildings has more people in it than my city. Wow! And they just came down...I hope a lot were able to escape unharmed.

The aftermath was gruesome. No one really knew what to think. I was scared at the time...mostly of the unknown.

No comments: