Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jack's Big Changes

The first big change in Jack's life is that he no longer has a binky. I had said for months that I was going to take it away, and never did. Then I came home from a Girl's Night Out and heard Jack screaming. Sean had decided to start the process in my absence. I went in and tried to sooth him and his sad demands for his binky were breaking my heart so in order not to cave, I cut it. With his binky "broken" there was no going back. He has done relatively well, there are still a few times a day when he asks if we can fix the broken binky...

This is the only binky he would take, I got it when he was 3 months old.

The next big thing is that we started potty training. He is still in pull-ups frequently, due to the fact that it is summer and we have a lot going on, but when we are home he actually asks for his underwear. He is getting better at actually making it to the bathroom before he has to go. Now the big hurdle is to actually have him go when you sit him down, instead of waiting a half an hour.

No he is not pooping, he is just mad that I am invading his privacy.


The last big change (if you didn't notice in the pictures before) is that Jack got a major hair cut. I thought it would be a nice change for summer, and he looks pretty cute. I still think he looks to old now that his shag is gone, but hair grows fast!!

1 comment:

aShLie JaNe said...

CUTE!! I LOVE it! He looks TOTALLY different and big boy now.. :)