Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yummy Desserts

Today I made some yummy cookies to share with the Miller's, who were coming over for dinner. I got the recipe during Food Networks 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. I thought that they looked absolutely delicious, so I gave it a try. They are Giada's Peppermint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, and yes they were worth it. Although I made one change (in case you decide to make them) instead of chunks of candy canes on top, I used chunks of candy cane Kisses, much softer.

This conversation happened right before I took the picture below.

Jack: Cooie (Cookie)
With lots of jumping up and down and pushing mommy, plus a little whining
Mom: No, not 'til you have had dinner.



I made these black and white cupcakes for Lucy's blessing. I was so happy that they turned out exactly like the ones I saw on TV. I made them from scratch and would have been so mad if they didn't work. I didn't get to try one, but Sean said they were a little dry. Probably because I forgot to put them in an airtight container overnight. Oh well, there is always next time.



If you would like either of the recipes let me know and I can direct you to the websites.

2 comments:

Justin said...

More Desserts! I think Megan has made a dessert everyday since Thanksgiving. She loves making Christmas desserts, and I'm sure she'll be calling you to get the recipe for those cookies. (She is not allowed to have the recipe for the cupcakes though.)

Sarah said...

I know, I know...your problem with vanilla.