Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day and I for once I fully appreciated it. Over the weekend I finished a series of books called The Children of the Promise by Dean Hughes, these books taught me a lot. They are about an LDS family living in Utah during World War II. Through the parents and children you learn about the different aspects and the different ways that the war changed them. I learned so much about the war and the sacrifice that these great people paid. I had no idea the magnitude of the war, that every single family was some how affected. I also reflected about where my own grandfathers were during the same moments I was reading about. I truly appreciate what they did and what our soldiers are doing for us now. I won't take it for granted again, and I highly recommend that everyone should read this series.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That is such a great reminder for the rest of us. WE really such appriciate our soldiers everyday.

grandpa rick said...

I thank God every night for our wonderful sons and daughters in uniform. I was with a client just this week who was reading that very book.....and he loved it.

aShLie JaNe said...

What a CUTE and neat photo. :)