Monday, October 12, 2009

Making way for baby...

Sean had Columbus day off, one benefit of working at a bank is that you get all of the random holidays off, and he promised me that he would help me with my to do list. I was getting anxious to get the nursery in order and to get Jack adjusted to his new room as soon as possible. And boy did Sean help me. We finished practically the whole list in one long day!! So after clearing all of Jack's stuff out of the nursery and getting both rooms all set up I am feeling more prepared for this little girl to come. We had some pretty funny moments from Jack through out the day, here are a few...

We think that Jack remembered playing with this toy as a baby. He set it up exactly like we used to, blanket and all. He is pretty smart.

I don't know if he was hiding from all the chaos or just thinking that we would pay better attention if he did something silly. Such as hiding in a tote and covering himself up. Either way he got our attention.

After setting up the bed and putting all of her clean clothes away Jack reported that there was too much pink!! At least she has somewhere to sleep!

Jack loves his new bed. We had it set up for a few days before we actually moved him in there. One day while I was showering he decided to move all of his toys and books into his new room and put them away on his new toy shelf exactly how they were on his old one. It was a pretty good indicator for me that we needed to fully move him in.

But I can now take a huge breath (well a few little ones since my lung capacity has shrunk immensely) of relief that if this baby comes early everything is ready for her!!

1 comment:

grandpa rick said...

Holy cats, you don't realize we are really expecting a GIRL until you see the pink in the bed. WOW....we can hardly wait. Grandpa and Grandma.